Our first post from the Kit Collectors Series introduces us to Ian Adie who has been collecting kits since 1991! Ian has setup his own blog which is constantly updated with all new kits being added to his collection. You can check out his blog by clicking on the below link.
Name Ian Adie
Favourite clubs Tottenham Hotspur, Leyton Orient FC, Chingford Athletic FC and SS Lazio
Football Shirt Collectors – Q&A
1. Number of shirts in your collection – 1,500
2. What inspired you to start collecting football shirts – The 1990 World Cup was where it all began. I started with a wish list made up of football trading cards. This inspired me to collect all the shirts from all four division of the English league!
3. First shirt collected – Tottenham Hotspur 1991 home shirt. It was a Easter present along with Arsenal’s 1991 away shorts.
4. Favourite shirt in your collection – 1988 Dutch home shirt – it’s lovely!
5. ‘Not-so-favourite’ shirt in your collection – I love them all!
6. A shirt you want to add to your collection – So many I could not pick one! But the Ghana home 94 was nice…
Some other notable mentions from Ian’s collection!